The ILEP Federation is a consortium of autonomous, international NGOs working for a world free from leprosy, in partnership with others committed to the same goal. Through the programmes of its member organisations and in cooperation with many partners from local to international level, ILEP spans more than 60 countries and 1,000 project locations worldwide.
The ILEP strategy for 2021-2025 was developed through consultation in early 2021 with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. This was followed by a steady process of determining priorities and the areas in which ILEP could make the greatest impact. ILEP members continue to be united around the shared vision of a world free from leprosy. Towards that vision, the new strategy comprises five key strategic goals that are seen as potential global ‘game-changers’. The ILEP Federation collectively aims to work towards achievement of these goals through active collaboration, together and with other partners
The key strategic goals are:
- Development of a global framework and strategy to build and sustain leprosy capacity.
- Globally consistent leprosy data standards and data collection methodologies, leading to accurate reporting for improved programme planning and monitoring.
- Readily available services related to mental wellbeing in leprosy.
- Active engagement by persons affected by leprosy.
- Innovative approaches through research, proof of concept, and application of game-changing technologies and processes.