(ICTC) is a coalition of NGDOs, donors, research/academic institutions and private sector organizations supporting efforts to eliminate blinding trachoma by 2020.
ICTC was formed in 2004 to support the WHO-led Global Alliance for the Elimination of Trachoma by the year 2020 (GET 2020) and advocate for the implementation of the WHO-endorsed SAFE strategy to eliminate blinding trachoma.
Our mission is to support trachoma control programs in endemic countries by acting as a catalyst for the implementation of the WHO SAFE strategy.
- Collects information on existing trachoma-related activities currently undertaken by International Non-governmental Development Organizations (INGDOs).
- Promotes and supports coordination among INGDOs and partners to enable National Prevention of Blindness programs to progress toward their Ultimate Intervention Goals.
- Shares information (programmatic and technical) about developments in trachoma control.
- Identifies, motivates and engages new partners in trachoma control efforts.
- Mobilizes resources, both individually and as a consortium, to support national programs in expanding the SAFE strategy.
- Advocates to raise awareness of the burden of trachoma and solutions available to address the problem at global, national and local levels.